Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK 9310 Sweep Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollul

Technical User
Feb 13, 2006
US
I have a 9310 library. The library for no reason will go and perform a sweep for reason when its online. When its done it will go to the play ground and then resume noramal operation.

Sounds like it might be losing its theta (rotational) tacho position and recalibrating itself. It needs to keep track of how many turns it can make in any direction to avoid hitting the end stops on the turns counter mechanism. Is it under maintenance? If so call in the CE to check the error logs.

The library isn't under stk maintance a third party. The maintance feature is turned off on the LMU. You dont get to see the error log on the LMU.

Do a long IPL for that LSM and watch the video display or status display closely. If it service requires during the init the problem is the area being tested just prior to failure. If it passes OK and fails later on during customer operation get it offline and go for the LX and theta box first. By the way, what country are you in? If its the States I heard roumors they stopped removing maintenance after their defeat by CHE in the US courts.

I did a long init and it completed with out any problem. The theta box do you mean the turns counter? Yes, i'm in the states. They still remove the maintance if your not under stk contract for services.thanks for your input

No, not the turns counter. The proper name for the theta box is the PLQ. It is mounted on the right hand side of the LCU about the same height as the fuse box.

The LX card in the LCU card cage is the servo interface. It is known to cause some weird calibration problems. Theta commands exit the LX and go to the theta box (PLQ) and out the lower I/O plate to the theta motor. All other robotic signals exit the LX, out through the upper I/O plate over the roof, down the coil to the two PLS modules.

The PLQ or LX should fix it if it is a theta problem. The theta motor is indestructible, i've never seen one go myself. Let me know how it goes.

..and here are some part numbers:

308418317 or higher for the PLQ
410288411 or higher for the LX
(PS you can rob the LX out of an old 4411 LCU - same part)

Thanks. I will keep you posted. If it happens again i'll try what you suggested. This an intermitten problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back