Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still recieving 1030 & 1058 event id codes on primary ad server

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynolwi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2006
US
I have looked thru all my settings and checked security privilages like microsoft said in their tech support papers on this issue but i still can not get the 1030 and 1058 event id codes from showing up on the primary ad server which is also the global catalog server.

I have 2 ad servers and the other one is not having this problem. The other ad server is the infastructure master and i have not seen any of these event ids show up. the primary ad server is the RID Master and the PDC Emulator. I have noticed that the secondary ad server is "fighting" for the master browser role but i didnt think anything of it.

What am i missing here?

Wm. Reynolds
RRWDS | TxPSS

Are you getting this error?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1058
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=Domain_Name,DC=com. The file must be present at the location <\\Domain_Name.com\sysvol\Domain_Name.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (Access is denied.) Group Policy processing aborted.

If so try this link!

I had pretty much the same problem and belive it or not it was a Workstation and Server services/SMB problem.
Did what the article said and no more error. Plus GPO's are back and usable.

i already read that article and checked everything but all my settings were fine and i didnt have problems with not being able to access the shares and the GPOs still worked. There was never a problem with the GPOs working on the clients or errors when i opened the group policy snap in. Heres something funny though... I just looked in the event log and now those errors are almost non-existent like its fixing itself. I find that totally strange, but now im getting errors that im out of licenses and for some reason i cant get the stupid server to hold the licenses. It keeps loses the licenses after awhile and i dont know why.

Wm. Reynolds
RRWDS | TxPSS

What cleared them in the end?

You will probably find they come back next time you reboot.

I'm curious to see what happens after a reboot of both servers. Keep us posted.

Bill

I am not sure what happened or what cleared the error messages. I have rebooted the primary DC to see if the errors came back but as of 6:00pm cst they have not come back yet. The other server was relocated to our remote site and i have not seen any errors on that one either. They are both running without any problems so far.

I do not know what stopped the errors or what caused them because everything i read from the MS articles concerning this problem didnt apply and i didnt do anything because nothing needed changing. There were no inaccuracies on anything. All the permissions were good, the registry was good, DNS was running with no errors. Everything was correct to what it was supposed to be that i could see.

I will give an update later to let you all know if its still running good.

Wm. Reynolds
RRWDS | TxPSS

After a week of watching both servers the errors have not come back. Im not sure what caused it or what fixed it, maybe it was little gremlins but whatever it was seemed to fix itself.

Thanks for all your help guys

Wm. Reynolds
RRWDS | TxPSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back