Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still Needing Help with inconsistent actions? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohriver

Technical User
Mar 22, 2000
US
I posted previously about inconsistent behavior in InDesign while trying to implement a paragraph style containing Drop Caps, but no one replied. Hmmmm. Still need help, approaching drop deadline, and I'm worried.

To review: I place some text from a word document, then select it and click on paragraph style containing Drop Caps as one element. Sometimes, voila! it works fine. Other times, absolutely no changes, nothing happens, no matter what I try.

Suggestions? Please?

"The learning curve is a MYTH! Learning in this industry is represented best by a right angle..."

...in the place options dialogue have you tried turning off importing words styles and then applying the style from your paragraphs palette?

Andrew

...can you open the word doc and save down to text format and then import as just plain text?

Andrew

i had this problem with quark when you try to format it. before you do any style on the imported text, make sure that it has no formatting at all. i had to select all the text, change to the default or no style. then your paragraph or character styles should apply. its a pain but its the only work around i could come up with.

I have often found character styles on text imported from Word. You might try removing any character styles from the imported text.

Thanks to all who replied. I think 'coldasrice' nailed it, but I appreciate all the responses. I have completed my project and moved on to...the next one! Peace.

"The learning curve is a MYTH! Learning in this industry is represented best by a right angle..."

probably you are working with a baseline grid on and the text in the table wants to jump to the baseline grid. turn it off or adjust your tabel layout.

hope this helps

Carlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back