Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still need help with FORMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinsinanan

Programmer
Jul 14, 2002
TT
Hello,
I have posted a few questions about forms and stuff and I have gotten a lot of help. However I am still so so very confused. I have tried everything... and still I am confused.
So I am going to write by problem in detail and all that I have tried.. and if anyone out there can help me again ,please do.

So here it is:
I am creating a from on my web site:

On my web site I have a button.. when that button is pressed a form comes up on another page.

The form has 3 fields.. NAME, EMAIL, and MESSAGE.

The name of the main page is index.html and index.swf and obviously i have uploaded this to my web site.

The name of the Form is From.html and Form.swf

Now That is the only 4 files I have uploaded to the web site. I have NO other files.

The code I used for the SEND button on the form is:

on (release) {
loadVariablesNum ("mailto: 1, "POST");
}

And whenever I press the send button Nothing happens.

I am assuming if I upload the formail.cgi file to the web site in the same directory as the index and Form files it will work. But this is not so! WHen I do so and press the send button Angelfire tells me they cannot find that page!

What to do! HELP! I am totally confused!

Yours Respectfully
Avin Sinanan

I don't mind help even it is in HTML form.

thanks
Yours Respectfully
Avin Sinanan

I don't know what instructions Angelfire give you on how to access their cgi-bin but should you have "mailto" in the url address?

Also cgi scripts are normally kept in a seperate folder on the server, usally called bin, cgi-bin, or something similiar.

It is possible you do not have the correct path to formail.cgi in your url.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back