Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still Having trouble External Call Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltonman

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
I have read many of the great threads on Call Redirect. I have gone into my Mics, allowed the set to redirect. There were two route, 000 and 001, I use line Pool a, absorb all.

I set 9 as the destination code.
I also removed the 9 for the external access code.
when i go to the set in which i want to forward, when it ask me for the forward to#, when i try to put in the 9, in beeps at me "invalid number". Can someone please tell me what im not doing? My software is 6.1, Centrex lines

These route codes that you made up. You should be able to dial out with those from the I/C key if they work and get outside.

These are all symptoms of the wrong software level, you could do all the programming and manually dial out but does not accept the call foward when trying to do so at the phone. Check your software code under maintenance program and verify it with the list under FAQ's.

I think your programming routing is wrong

Here what needs to be done or already mentioned.

System:
Must be 4.1 or above
Must have lines set to Supervised
Must have lines in a Pool
Must allow set to use that Pool
Must have a Route built and to use that pool
Must have a Dest code to use that Route
Must have Redirect set to YES in Capabilities under that set.

Set:
Must do Feature 4, Dest code and number

Routing:

Services –
Show Route: 000 (or other if wish) – Show
Dial out: Leave it be – Next
Use: Change to Pool you want i.e Pool A
DN Type: Public

Next program a Destination code:

Build a Destination Code:
Routing Service – Show
Routes – Next
Dest Codes – Show
Show destcode: - Add
DstCode: (enter code i.e 9) – OK
Normal: 000 – Change to route built – Show
AbsorbLength: ALL

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Well I went and looked at my destination codes and i had not changed the 000 to route built. However, when i try to put in 001 or 002, it says route undefined. I tried creating one (003) going through the steps shown above, yet it continue to say route undefined. I definitely do not have something correct with the routing.

I really do appreciate all of the feedback and help given on this forum. It has taught me so much more about the Norstar systems in which i love.

I have noticed in the instructionson building a route, the last step say DN Type: Public, but after i do the line pool a, it does not show an option for DN public or private. Apparently i dont have a legitimate route designed. Someone please help so i can not worry about this over the weekend!!!

route undefined????? -so your saying you go to:
Services – Show
Routing Service – Show
Routes – and you enter a three-digit route number (000-999).
YOU GET route undefined????? It won't let you press NEXT?

When Im setting up the destination code where it says normal 000, i try to putin route 001 or 002 yet when i do it says "route undefined".

Under routing, I followed the steps mentioned throughout the forum and thought i created the route but apparently it does not like it.

Try routes in the 100 to 900 range set identical in the 100,200.300.. to 900 and try call forward at the phone using 100 to 900.

I went into routes, used 400, left dial out alone, used line pool a,"" but i never get the DN Type: option.""

Then in destination code

I add 88, normal: "i change to 400 (route) and it says "route undefined"

I think im turning grey from this! Even though this problem continue to plague me, I have learned a tremendous amount of information regarding my system of which i recently inherited, and Norstar 0x32 systems. Thanks alot.

I have read alot of archived post regarding this call forward and came across this suggestion:

"Try creating your route with a dialout of Feature78 and then build your Des code pointing to that route. For ex:Build Route 001 with a dialout of F78, or any digit for that matter.Then go to Des codes and add '9', using Route 001, and Absorb ALL. Make sure to remove default Line Pool code '9' first.Then go back to Route 001 and remove the dialout."

I was able to define the route this way but when i try the call forward, i still cannot getthe destination code to be accepted. I still get invalid number. Also, i tried using the destination code to dial out from one of the voice call keys and it says no free lines.

It seems i have tried about everything i have found on the site. i welcome any additional suggestions. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back