Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still having problems with Landscape vs. Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

leummens

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
NL
We are still having problems with printing landscape reports. Sometimes these reports are printed portrait instead of landscape.

We already tried to force landscape using VBA

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Application.Printer.Orientation = acPRORLandscape
End Sub

We are using msAccess 2003 (SP1) on Windows XP machines.
As far as we know, there are no newer SP available for Access 2003.

rgds,
Mark

Hi,
I had this problem with reports in a previous version of MS Access. It printed correctly the first time it was previewed after being saved, but after that switched to landscape/portrait. It was mysteriously resolved by removing a text box from the page footer. The text box was unbound and set to display the results of a funtion (showing application name & version). It made no sense why this worked but it did. I never had time to chase it up with Microsoft afterwards...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tested your solution and removed the fields in the footer. Also tried to completely remove the footer, but neither solutions worked.
Does anybody have another suggestion for us, we are out of ideas here.

cheers,
Mark

Try to re-create the report as a new report. I've had unexplainable issues in MS Access (All Versions), and occassionally trying something like this works. htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Turn the autocorrect function off from Tools-Options.

Works in A2000 but I've never tried it in 2003.

We've tried to turn off the auto-correct option. This did not work also.

After this we found out that the report was working okay for people printing on a different printer, so we now think it might have something to do with the printer driver.

Thanx all for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back