Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still having problem with winmail.dat Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
A little while ago I posted a question because one user on our network is experiencing a problem with attachments being received as winmail.dat files. I have done more research on this issue and have the following to report:

1. I have done everything that was advised by the microsoft knowledgebase and by everything else I read to alleviate this problem (changed to plain text on the client and also made sure that the Exchange Server 2000 does not allow rtf docs).

2. I have checked every setting on the client and the server for this user.

3. I have downloaded and installed Office 2000 updates.

4. I had her send attachments to my personal e-mail account. I accessed them without a problem directly from my ISP and also by using Outlook Express.

5. She can forward the attachments to others on our network and have them send the attachments on her behalf and the recipients are able to open them.

I guess my question now is, do you think if I upgrade her to Outlook 2003 it will solve the problem? Do you think maybe her program or computer has a glitch in it? Would I be better off switching her over to Outlook Express? Our entire office uses Outlook 2000 or 2003, so I just can't understand why she is the only one with this problem.

Thanks. This is a very informative tek site. I get so much information reading each forum. I appreciate any advice you can give me.

AnnieBlueEyes,

does it happen only when she send or forward to users in her address book?

What happens when she sends to a user not in her address book?

SteelBurner

It happened with everything she sent, no matter how she attached the file. Anyway, I just ended up upgrading her to Outlook 2003 and it solved the problem. I guess she just had a glitch on the program that couldn't be fixed.

Thanks for responding. I love this tek forum!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back