Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sticky Wireless Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineflyfish

Technical User
May 13, 2002
US
My ViewSonic "Ultimate Desktop Wireless" keyboard has a sticky key feature. If you hold down a key for more than two seconds, it will repeat this function.

How do I turn this feature off?

, "If you hold down a key for more than two seconds, it will repeat this function.", .....not sure what this sentence means,

but I believe that hitting the shift key 5 times will turn off the sticky key feature (on an XP machine)if it's activated, and hitting the shift key 5 times if (it's not activated) will take you to a dialog box to set the sticky key feature up.

I'd like to hear if this worked if you will try it and reply, thank you.

Still have issues. For example, if I hold the arrow keys to scroll in Excel, a 'beep' and a letter appears in the cell where my data used to be. Or all the cells will be highlighthed like a scroll lock. I have to hold down the shift key for three seconds to get back to normal keyboard function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back