Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sticky Keys in NT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2002
GB
I have a school full of kids who have discovered that by pressing the left shift key five times in a row, it activates the sticky keys options in accessibility/control panel. Along with this, it makes a lovely sqeaking noise which irritates the heck out of all the staff here. I have been in to control panel, as administrator, turned off all the options I can find but it still seems to make the lovely noise for the students. I do not seem to be able to turn it off. Perhaps someone may be able to tell me where in winnt, this is and can i delete/rename it etc ???

As long as you have gone into the Control panel, Accessibility Options and turned Sticky Keys off (also go into Settings and detick the Keyboard shortcut for the shift key 5 times), it should not make the noise. However, your kids will be able to turn it back on again by reversing what you have done.

You could always delete the c:\winnt\system32\access.cpl file so that the Accessibility Options is not displayed in the control panel?? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I've tried that, disabled all the options in accesibilty from control panel. It just seems that when the kids log in with their mandatory profile, they hit the shift key 5 times and BING, there is that noise again.
I have denied access to access.cpl to all the students but still they can get there, is it something to do with group policies..??

goto control panel
|add remove programmes
|windows NT setup
and then uncheck
|accessibilty options,
this will remove that feature, this is only if you don't want to use it anyway.

this will solve ur problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back