Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.stf file occur in MDBDATA folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry120

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2001
HK
Hi all,

My Ex2kserver have create some .stf file in MDBDATA folder, when some mail sent to the server , the priv1.edb have increase and create some .stf file but the outlook client display no mail have receive, why ?

can someone help me ?

thanks a lot!

stf files are temporary, used for converting data streams on inbound mail. they are supposed to be deleted after the conversion process has completed....are yours not being deleted?

hi,brontosaurus
I have not delete the file, i know this is temp file, but i wait all day the file still in the folder and i try to send mail by myself, I saw the database have increase the size and a new .stf created. But in outlook the mail not display. I dun know why.

How can i do ? and where to set the inbound mail ?

thanks brontosaurus

let me make sure i'm understanding. you have a user, say user1@domain.com, you send that user a mail of any kind, and it never reaches the outlook client, even though you believe the information store contains the message?

yes, sure , you are right.

So, now i am very very trouble to solve this problem

this is true for all mailboxes? what about the administrator mailbox? any event viewer messages? have you checked the message tracking center?

As i remember, I remove the smtp from control panel and add again , afterward this event occur

you removed smtp?

you might want to try a straight reinstall of exchange...it won't overwrite anything, but it will reset missing components.

Oh, I seek the before Thread, the problem have solve successful.

Thanks for your help
Thanks brontosaurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back