Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steps to configure Outlook Web Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherpa101

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2000
US
I have Exchange installed already and want to enable Outlook Web Access. Is there an order in regard to installing IIS 3 before installing Exchange or IIS before going back and installing the Outlook Web program.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Quessing I want to install IIS and then go through the Exchange install program and install the Outllook Web Access feature.&nbsp;&nbsp;Does it matter.<br><br>Also, if I put both of these on the same server do I have to enable or disable Microsoft's Challenge Response auth. Also, would I have to grant special NT permissions for domain users actually accessing their mailboxes through a web browser.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know you can set permissions in IIS put if both IIS and Exchange are setting on a NT member server will the users run into permission problems because they are logging into the NT machine.<br><br>Thank you in advance for your advice.

Install IIS 3.0 then OWA then SP6 (or SP5 if you are not that brave!).<br><br>In IIS set the folder permissions to include a new group called Web Access. This should be a global group that includes the users who are allowed to browse via the Net.<br><br>That should do it.

Having a similar issue. Could you please explain further how to setup the IIS folder permissions and include the group web access ? I have setup the group in user manager and added the users but confused on where you would point to that in IIS. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks<br>

I'm having problems w/ this issue as well.
I created the Web Access Group and still cannot
access OWA via browser from my workstation.
help please -
samela

I installed OWA into Exch 5.5 with IIS4 ( which is free on the NT Admin disk ) and it made it's own site called Exchange under the Default web site. It has a path to; &quot;c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quot; for the local path and configured the site almost perfectly for instant use. Under the exchange site it placed a virtual site called USA directed to the /exchange/usa directory. If you need further info let me know. A note you must have Active server pages running on your IIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back