Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steps to change a QPC84 Pwr Mntr Card, Anyone? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARNOLD001

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
My meridian XT QPC84 Power monitor card shows a 30v warning light. Does anyone know the steps involved in changing out this card? It may be my power converter card (QPC 82), but I want to try this first.

There is circit breakers on the front on the cabnit that control those cards but you would have shelf problems if it was that I have seen digital line card cause that problem before try disabling and pull out one at a time each digital line card and see if the light goes out.

arnold001, are you sure that the card is bad? 30v alarms are usually caused by a bad diital set, especially QPC 60 and QPC 61's. Try disabling all the diital cards on the shelf in question and then removing all the cards and reinstalling them (1) at a time until the alarm comes back. Then start disconnecting all the sets on that card if you find a bad card until you find the bad set. Hope this helps.

THANKS GUYS! PROBLEM FIXED. INDEED, A DIGITAL SET WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back