Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stepping through different modules easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawsheen

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
CA
I'm fairly green to MS Access. I have been given the resposibility of supporting a huge application which includes over 150 forms. I'm trying to figure out what is happening by stepping through the code.
When I step through the code of one form but get to the point where it opens another form, the stepping stops.

Will access step through various code without having to set breakpoints all over the place?
If I have to set breakpoints allover, is there a way I can easily set breakpoints at all subs within a the code of each form?
Hope I'm making myself clear .... I'm not too familiar with the terminology ... I'm a mainframe programmer used to having lots of tools.
Thanks, Sawsheen

No documentation?

For a db that large, it seems like the designer would have to create documentation... no?

Sam_F
"90% of the problem is asking the right question.

there is very little documentation ... only for the user i.e. in this field .... etc

there is some documentation in the code but very little ... certainly not enough to help me support it.

How are ya sawsheen . . . . .

This happens sometimes depending on the code thats executing. However [blue]if your single-stepping[/blue], [purple]you should see a Visual Basic tab on the TaskBar[/purple]. Just click it and [blue]you should go right back[/blue] where you can continue to single step.

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back