Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Step-by-Step Installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexs

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
SG
Hi Techies,
I am an as400 guy, and recently I had a chance of using Oracle on AIX. I was trying to simulate the Oracle 8i 8.1.5 installation procedure but, without luck... even if I read thru the entire installation process there are still some steps I am completely not sure...

Is there any way I can get the step-by-step procedure on a typical Oracle installation?

Thanks,
lexs

Stefan,
I don't have any metalink account, can I ask you to extract that piece of information for me..

A lot of Thanx,
lexs

I think it would be easier, if you describe the problems you encounter or the parts of the process you do not understand.
You just need your CSI# (~ Oracle-License-number) to create an account for metalink. Its the usual support-chanel of Oracle too, so I would recommend to create an account.

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back