Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STE Phones drop call when user goes Secure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach1tec

Programmer
Nov 4, 2006
US
We have STE issue when they attempt to go secure. It's intermittent, and is happening on incoming calls when they go to Secure. Once they try go secure, it will drop down the calls. User can receive and make unsecure calls with no problem. We have a Secure Logix firewall, and Im thinking maybe policys are dropping the call, but not sure. Any ideas?

Forgive me for my ignorance. I have never used STE sets. Is it possible the phone uses different ports for the secure traffic and those ports are not opened in your firewall/network?

- Miguel

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

are you tapping all the trunks with the ETM, it may be that calls that are working are coming in on non monitored trunks.

Not sure if the ETM firewall can detect encrypted calls, I know the appliance can encrypt calls via a policy though.

It's been a few years since I worked on the ETM stuff though. You can run a live trace on the appliance though to see the reason codes for the dropped call and the policy logs will show if it dropped the call because of a rule.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Thanks "simreal" & "biglebowski". We are going to try to get the Firewall Admin invovled to check for reason codes. I had an idea to just turn off the firewall and make some calls, I think the firewall is just a passive unit, and it will omit any policies . It might be a last ditch effort.

I would like to know the solution to this. VoIP STEs are going to be shoved my way soon.

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back