Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I need a pop up window to inform the user what record is being processed of however many records are to be processed. I need something that won't effect the other block which is saving its data to the database, does not have a button, and will not stop background processing.<br><br>I am using Dev 6, and the only way I've thought of to do this, is using MESSAGE, but that won't update the status bar when I use the NO_ACKNOWLEDGE property. When I don't use it, tho, it pops up a window and pauses background processing. Is there any way to accomplish what I'm looking to do?<br><br>Thanks in advance.

why not try using a non-based table and have it store temporarily the number of current record that is being processed. all you need to do is create a variable (that will serve as counter) as number. you now have to populate and update the current transaction count that is being processed.

example

when-button-pressed
declare
ctr number = 0;
begin
ctr = ctr+1
update_record; -- where this is your procedure that process
-- the current record;
:ctrl.ctr := ctr;
end;

There is also an existing demo program that oracle provides called progressbar.fmb. Look for it in you installation of forms 6i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back