Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status "calls partially in disk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betrunken

Vendor
Feb 9, 2008
BR
Hi,

I have a customer that has 8.9 CLS, 8.9 sp5 Storage Center and 2 VoiP logger 9.12.

I'm having a problem when trying to play calls that are alredy in the Storage Center. Some calls did not get the status of "CALL IN DISK"... keeping the status in "CALL PARTIALLY IN DISK". The problem is, that the customer want to save this call, and calls that aren't in disk cannot be saved.

Did someone see something like this?

PS. Sorry for my bad english...

sorry let me understand.

when the customer goes to play the call that is located on storage center they get call partially on disk.

If you try recent recorded calls do they play fine.

what happens when you run a locate on the call on storage center.

have you checked the retrieve folder on storage center and also check the storagecenterlog.log for errors

what is the iarchive class and are you using dns and are nice systems in own workgroup or on customers domain

also what service pack are nice applications on customer pc

sp 4 is latest

Yaaa... this is the problem "when the customer goes to play the call that is located on storage center they get call partially on disk."

First: Storage Center 8.9 SP 5
VoIP Logger 9.12.5.35
Nice Applications 8.9 sp4
I will get the version of CLS tomorrow...

The nice system is in a workgroup... i don't remember what workgroup. I will check it.

The retrieve folder it's the same that is showing in the ArchivePath collumm.

Some calls of the same extension can be located just fine, but there is calls that cannot be... let me try to explain what happens...

If u select the call and click in PLAY:
The system keep searching for the call and the source icon don't become the "CALL in DISK". Only "Call partially in DISK".
The call is played, but if u close the nice player and click in PLAY again the system try to find the call again...

If u select LOCATE:
The system keep searching for the call and in the source collum appears the icon of "CALL PARTIALLY IN DISK".

If u click in PLAY after the LOCATE the system keep searching the call again. And keep showing the icon of "CALL PARTIALLY IN DISK".

so... "CALL PARTIALLY IN DISK" cannot be saved in WAV or AUD.

ok.

when you search in nice query and you locate the call pick a call to play take a note of start time and duration of call.

Now play call and on player check to see if start time is same.

are you using ntp ?

Well... first thanks for the help...

I'll go to the customer and check what you asked.

also attach to the archive location from the customer workstation. You may need to grant all users read access to the archive directory.

RoamingKiwi is right, it's very important the you can access the retrieve and archive folders (as the archivepath) from both the stations with the Query application and also the Logger to which the calls are retrieved.

We have "Everyone" acess to storage Destination folder.

We find out a lot of virus in all nice system servers, so we will install a certified anti virus in the servers and make another tests.

I'll post any news i have it.

Thank you for the help until now!!!

I have seen this problem before,you can listen but cant save it via 8.9 application.it could be get some problem when called recorded.
I would say that you should follow the Archivepatch and get the call from Storage Center manually.

tnice ... are you sure you have given your users permission to save calls? I'm surprised you can play but not save.

Do you have apps installed on storage center server? If so can you save them from there? If so then it's still down to fact that your remote user doens't have access to the archive location. Can you see it through explorer? If not then find out why not.

I always use Nice user to investigate problems.It wasnt privigele issue or access to archive path .I can pull out of some calls from same agent at certain time but not of some calls, something probably happened when calls were being archived. I havent tried to listen app on SC. I would go easy way to pull out of calls from SC manually.
There is nothing to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back