Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status of Order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Progression 7.9.310

We had a order that would not show up doing a Power Inquiry by PO in Macola. There was nothing at all seen as different from what we could see in SQL. However, when we opened the order in Macola and hit save (no locked errors or anything) we were then able to see it in the Power Inquiry. Question: is there a status similar to "selected", such as "open", "in use" or something that comes up anywhere in the DB that I can look for? We are concerned there may be others of these we need to track down to isolate the issue.

What was the status of the order? You'll have to run a OE Audit Trail report for that one order, just for yesterday I presume. It will tell you everything that has changed, not just that status. That said these reports are tough to read.

If you are into excel power query, query the oeordhdr_sql for the same order and the desired date. Sort by aud_dt and aud_tm. You should see a B (before change) and C (after change) record, sometimes there could be several. It is easier to read in excel.

Let us know what you find,

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

This may not be a problem with the sales order tables (OEORDHDR and OEORDLIN) at all. The power inquiry/view functions use a separate (OEINQORD) table that can get out of synch with the actual sales orders. There is a function on the System menu to rebuild the table. It's possible that the power inquiry record was missing until you opened and saved the order;

The Power Inquiry Generation process creates the power view tables for use with the power inquiry views on the O/E menu. If you do not run this process, the power inquiry views will display the message "Nothing in range" when you try to use them. You can run this process as needed if your power inquiries get out of synchronization with your O/E orders.

You can find it on the System menu, under Utilities, Distribution, Order Entry, Power inquiry generation.

Peter Shirley

Peter they are using Progression not Macola ES/Macola 10.

To rebuild this in Progression, go to OE=>Processes->Load OE View Masterfile

Thanks for the info, audit trails, no orphan records, etc. produced no results. I have added this to the rebuild schedule I do now for other tables. I really appreciate the feedback and sorry for the delay in responding.

Are you adding orders to Macola outside of either:

* Manually keying in the orders
* Using EDI to create the orders
* Using Wisys to import orders

I have seen people create their own applications to import/create orders and they failed to create the OEINQORD_SQL records as Peter suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back