Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status G650

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I have a s8700 with an MCC on our main floor and then a G650 on a totally different floor connected via expansion interface. Due to a power down on the floor where the G650 is we pulled the plug on it. What is the command to see the status of it? I tried stat media-gateway and it showed me nothing. Can't seem to find it.

unless it is configured as a media-gateway it will not show up under that command. I expect that it is configured as a cabinet on the system. If it is powered down it should show in your alarms as a major alarm since the system cannot talk to it.

thanks it was 'status port-network x'

if I'm having a G650 moved to a different floor that is connected via fiber to a expansion interface card is there any need to busyout anything or just pull the plug, move the g650 and then it will auto find the MCC again?

you may want to busy the host adapter and lock the PNC, as you will create major alarms when you disconnect the cab

if you look in the maintenance book for definity it will give you the procedure for busying host adapter etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back