Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Statspack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrn

MIS
Apr 27, 2001
GB
Can anyone give me any pointers on how I can get my hands on Statspack?

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

Try:

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsstat.sql

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Ok thanks,

I'd got it into my head that there was an DBA Studio type front-end for statspack, is this the case?

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

Just follow DBA Studio's menus:

1) Click on database to open, choose schema, tables
2) From menu: Tools>Analyze or right click -> Analyze.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

I am sorry I didn't understand where DBA studio comes from? How do I find it?

I also would love to know more about statpacks so please post anything that you find helpful

thanks

I comes with Oracle windows client.

Start>Programs>Oracle>Database Management>DBA Studio

you also can start dbastudio from serverside with
oemapps dbastudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back