Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station to Station Paging/Intercom? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telco01

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
US
We have CCM 6.1 and want to use Station to Station Paging/Intercom. Can this be down and how? Also, can a 7911 be used for this?

It has been a long time back when I had to read something about this. All I can remember that you need at least a 7940, because you'll need to program 1 line button with the intercom function.

I'll check if I can find the documentation about it

In short the answer to your question is No. And here is why. The 7911 is a single line phone. Assuming you want the phone to act like a phone, in addition to havingand intercom feature, you have a problem. Becuase you need to LINE keys, one for the intercom and one for the LINE. You can do it on any model that is amulti-line phone.

Now there is a solution but it requires a third party app. IpSessions from Ipcelerate will allow true intercom via a 7911 or any 79xx series phone. We purchased this app for both its Intercom and 911 monitoring. (We are a school).

The above is true in 6.x, 7.x and 8.x CM, unfortantly. Pretty dumbif you ask me, itercomis a common feture found in almost every phone system i haveever worked with. But hay, Cisco is new to the phone bus....

Network Administrator - Communications & Security Services
Merrillville Commuity School Corp.
276 East 68th Place
Merrillville, IN 46910

Sorry abt the typos in my last. Teach me to answer using a smartphone as a texting device.. God I hate these things...

Network Administrator - Communications & Security Services
Merrillville Commuity School Corp.
276 East 68th Place
Merrillville, IN 46910

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back