Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station Security Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurofen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
IE
Hello there,
probably the question has been answered many times, but after spend a few hours in the search folder, I need to ask to the general forum.
I would like to know if some of you have any way to automatize the SSC change.
We were thinking on create a vector that prompt users to change their password, but up to the moment we were unable to find a way and I am quite sure that my colleagues already "throw in the towel"...
Probably what I am looking for is some confirmation that cannot be done or the path we use is complete wrong and is easy to do it using I dont know what.

I think should be something easy to build with announcements prompting and using the phone to introduce the digits.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do but it sound like they can use the feature 'Station Security Code Change Access Code:'. You just need to assign a feature access code.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, but is obvious that I wasnt able to clearly state what I was looking for.
We understand the FAC and how to manually change the SSC in one station or remotely.
What we are trying to build is a prompting menu (Vectors) that more or less says:
Please introduce your old password
Please introduce your new password
please introduce again your new password

and the password is changed in the station form

So basically we were thinking on build a vector, the prompting is not a problem, to dial the access code (if I remember well is not a problem, but when you use the command route-to, the function never will come back to you.
so you dial a vdn number, you are prompted to dial your all password, you collect the digits dial the feature access code and end of the story....
What we were thinking is that you can dial the feature access code + the value of a variable, that will give to you the first step, but once the feature access code is dialled the vector lost control.
se we cannot ask for dial the new password and we will not be able to collect this digits and use them.
Hope now is clear than before

thanks for your answer and all others than read it.

Code:
display telecommuting-access
                              TELECOMMUTING ACCESS

Telecommuting Access Extension: 2345

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changing Station's Security Code

USER DIALS                                              Response from switch

1. Telecommuter Extension                                  Dial-tone
2. Feature Code, #                                         Dial-tone
3. Station number, #, Security Code, #                     Dial-tone
4. New Security Code, #                                    Dial-tone
5. New Security Code, #                                    Confirmation-tone

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

39 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 29 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Hello AvayaTier3,
Again, maybe my English is not the best in the world ... well, not maybe, is not.
I understand how the SSC feature works. Me and probably a bunch of the 15000 users in the system understand that is possible and how to do it. the other 14995 users dont and dont even want to know.
That is the reason why we are looking for some kind of menu they can access and change the password following some easy instructions.

Regards,

It cannot be done with vectoring. Using telecommuting access with a station or DID number will allow someone knowing their security code and the Station Security Code Change Access Code to easily change this from an on-site station, from home, from a cell phone. Print the instructions from above in any language you like.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

AvayaTier3,
I was quite sure that wasn't possible, but even so we try it, always with the hope to find something that make it work.
We already try printing out some instructions bu people just refuse, too complicate (and not been enforce by the IT department....)
I know you may think is stupid and very easy to do, I do agree with you, but this is a company previously own by the state and believe me, if I told you all the "rare" requirements they made... we will be here all month.
In any case, thank to you and Kevin for answer me and to the other people that read the message and think about it.

Thanks

You can use vectoring to listen to an announcment with instructions and route to the telecommuting extension.
Then dial the feature code, #, station, #, current security code, #, new security code, # new security code again, #

bsh

This was perfect timing - I needed this information also - thanks! Has prompted another question - does Avaya offer web access to the phone system (CM6.1 as an example) so the user can make the change and other minor changes (like having features available for Modular Messaging via a web access portal). I have heard Cisco does it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back