Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station ringing at multiple locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoTTeL

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
I have a system with an option 51 and option 11 tied together with a PRI. They have the same dial plan.

I am most familiar with Lucent, so bear with my terminology differences!

I need for a single number when dialed from the public network to ring at several locations tied to both systems. In Lucent terms, this is bridged extension on multiple appearance digital sets. I have digital sets on both systems that I want to assign a number that will ring all of them at the same time.

Any ideas? I am dumb on Nortel, so simple step by step explanation would benefit me most. And hopefully others reading this forum.

Thanks guys!! You are always the best!

You need to set up an MCR key on all phones you want the single ext. to appear.

Use LD 20.
When changing the keys. Use MCR instead of SCR when setting up the ext key. Usually key 0 or 1

It's going to take more than just MCR keys. it probally can be done but I don't know how. The closest I've ever come to this is I needed 6 phone lines to ring at to different locations for about 2 months, so I had the phone company bridge the lines at the CO this rang into 2 key systems and the one that answered first got the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back