Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station Port Paging Failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANLord1

Programmer
Jul 10, 2008
US
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

IP500 4.2. The connected paging equipment is a Valcom V-9924C. All the paging equipment has been replaced since the failure. Also the commissioned station port has been moved to a new module and new extension number. (Change is Good!)

The failure: About every week or two, the station paging port shuts down. When you attempt to access the paging, it shows busy. None of the phones are off-hook, and the system is idle. The "only" way to clear this, is to perform a Reboot. This began day one of the install at a 4.1 level. Now at a 4.2 and completely changed all physical and soft attributes/connections, it still fails.

Any thoughts?

Lord

Lord

does the valcom provide power or ground from the input?
btw it says this is a common audible ringing unit not a paging interface so this would provide ringing over paging.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

You are correct! If you look at the schematics, the zone inputs are the connection points for the station port(s) or another Valcom controller such as the V-2000 or what ever you use.

Yes, the unit is powered by 24VDC B Battery, which is an unfiltered source (Not Talk Battery). I have everything bonded, using common ground, (Neutral) and earth. I have also used an A Battery supply to power the unit.

Lord

I missed the input on the paging output side, the only thing I could think of is a ground that is either on Tip or Ring and confuses the IPO.
It must be some sort of external influence that confuses the IPO as it will usually work until the power goes off. So my suggestion is to use a voltmeter and see if there is anything coming out that input and if there is a ground on it.
Other then that I am right now clueless.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Will do! In reality Tip is the ground side connection of the pair, as in the day of Tip Party-Identification and old pay-station start. I'll verify all connection points and see where that leads me! Thanks Joe!

Lord

I measured the connectivity to ground on the IPO and it is about 4 Ohms which is great seeing that the system is not grounded (is my test system)
could be that you need to reverse polarity but you will figure it out

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

You may also want to look at "Auto Hold" under System Telephony. If it is checked, I like to uncheck it in this scenerio as sometimes someone might page and then click over to another call assentially putting the page extension on hold. If they have MOH though, you would hear it through the paging.

good thinking but it would then appear in the SSA and you can go there and hit them on the head

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Are you using a Phone 8 modules in the IP500 on version 4.2.11?

CQ39845

Phone 8 modules do not work as Page Speaker

4.2.11|N/A|1-Not Required

Greetzzz..Bas

Avaya_Red.gif

good thinking but it would then appear in the SSA and you can go there and hit them on the head "

westi that is the best post i have read in ages!

have a star

0118999 88199 9119725..3

Thanks Tom
I still have to recover from my mental blackout two days ago

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back