Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
MICS 7.1 & 1 0x16 station module plus a Call pilot 150 3.1. I reset the system before I installed it and started the station numbers at 100. Everything came up good until I got to
station 141, 142 and 143, they would not come up. I looked every where I could think of and can't find a conflict any where.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Wayne T

Do you mean the ports do not work or the sets come up with the wrong DN?

If using 100 series you need to change the park codes and note that mailboxes 100 and 102 are system mailboxes....you do not want to assign 102 unless you have to.
There maybe other issues but I cannot recall off hand.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I changed the Call park to 7 but when I try to type in 141, 142 or 143 the third number won't come up. 1, 2, or 3 everything else works. I am baffled. I just know it must be something simple I just can't find it.

Wayne T

What do you mean type in? type in where?
My same 2 questions above still stand because I do not get what you are trying to do physically.

You say the sets wont come up so I am thinking you have bad ports but not sure.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Sorry for not being clearer. I type in change dn "old dn" 140 "new dn" 141. It will not accept the 1 (141) Also if I try to build a mail box it says "invalid mailbox"

Wayne T

Oh your trying to change the DN.

Now you know to do your best to persuade clients from 100 series.....there is a reason why default is 200 range.

Best answer I can come up with is my last post about the Prefix but that is for your mailbox issue....I have persuaded all clients so never had to deal with this.
Try to Intercom 141 and see what it says, also go into maintenance and see what device is using that port....it maybe reserved and your out of luck.
I assume that port is on the 0X16?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Yes, I will try friday when I go back. Thanks for all your help.

Wayne T

Absolutely the problem is the prefix numbers in CP. If I recall one of them is 14.

Marv ccna

Where do I find the prefix numbers. I have looked in my CP and I not sure where to look.

Wayne T

You can check and change the name prefix and the special prefix by logging into F983 and then press 2. Scroll through the options until you find the prefixes.

As curlycord wrote, this is why it is not recommended to start the numbering with 100. At my last job the owner had me start the numbering on our BCM200 with 100 because the previous Avaya system started with 100, and business cards and stationery were already printed. I had to change the prefixes so that mailboxes 110-119 would be available. I gave myself DN 102 to match the admin mailbox as I was the administrator.

I'd also recommend requiring 8-digit non-trivial mailbox passwords to discourage hackers. Especially if you're assigning DN 102.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back