Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgipson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have a specific group of call center agents that are complaining of loud static in their headsets. I have persoanlly heard it. No other agents are having this particular problem. No obvious alarms on the switch. Help!

Switch - S8700 CMS 3.1
Phones - 6416

Thanks in advance.

Personally one I suffer something similar. My headsets gave a big whistle after connect a call. At the end the problem was related the headsets because they were not Plantronic, and looked like they were incompatible with 64xx series.

Good luck.

Alberton

alberton,

Thanks for the feedback. My first thought was "headset" also, but my call center supervisor stated that she had the call(customer) transferred to her from the agent with the static problem, once transferred, the call still had static. She called the customer back on her DID/non-call center split line and it was static free.

Do the calls come in on a different trunk group from other calls? Maybe the trunks are taking errors.

DonBott
Chairman
Omnipitence, Ltd.

They actually do come in on different trunk groups. I did a display alarms, no errors. I am currently monitoring my trunks for alarms/errors. Are there any other commands that I should run to get more visibility on the trunks?

Thanks...

tgipson,

try using 'list measurements ds1' command and see how much of the errors and/or slips are there on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back