Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

static total in list report

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoo66

Technical User
Sep 13, 2011
Hi
i am having requirement where in a list i have product line,product type,revenue....created subtotals on revenue and group on product line and i am having a prompt on order year(2004,2005,2006) which will filter the data and subtotals and totals are displayed depending upon the selected value at run time. but my requirement is grand total should be static(should contain revenue for all years) what ever may be the run time value and subtotals should contain value depending on prompt value..attaching xml specification
can anyone help me...
Thanks in advance

Depending on your Cognos version, you can solve this using a singleton query. By definition this returns one value only and it can be used literally everywhere in the report!!

Ties Blom

i am using cognos 8.4.i can use singleton but a singleton retrives the first record value but i want the aggregated revenue for all years so how can i implement

Your singleton query should simply return one dataitem, which is the aggregated revenue!!

Ties Blom

1. Unlock report
2. Select <Total(Revenue)> at summary line
3. Delete <Total(Revenue)>
4. Drag Singleton into the now available empty list cell
5. Define singleton query as the revenue dataitem with aggregate as Total

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back