Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

static route

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccartha

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
what is the best way to edit a static route on an AN?? using Site Manager?

This really depends on what you are editing.
There are two methods Site Manager and BCC.

Best bet is to schedule some downtime, remove the existing route and add the new route.
Don't forget to backup the config first just in case.

Regards

very little down time when the route is deleted and re-entered. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I would use site manager (proper version of course!)copying the configuration file to my laptop. Next I would delete the route, click on apply, then add new route. Then I would do a save as and move the file back to my router and perform a named boot ( boot an.exe confilename). It will rediscover routes. If your named config works, copy it to config (the nortel default). If it doesn't power cycle router and your back to your old config and the drawing board.

A lot of guys like to use Site Manager's dynamic mode to make chages and save them out. This moves, hits and switches mibs constantly. Not that its completely bad, but, keep banging on your router and eventually you will be reconfiging the machine. Caching mode is a lot better, it pulls the file to your laptop, lets you make changes and then changes all the mibs at once. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back