Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static IP over WAN PPP Link 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsatkid

Vendor
Feb 27, 2006
US
I have a customer who wants to PC Anywhere into his remote PC over Public internet. I currently have a Cisco 1760 setup at local end and a Cisco 1720 on remote end. Local end is Nat'd onto the internet using a ISP provided IP. Remote end is setup using DHCP. The link between the 2 is WAN RS422 into Frame Relay equipment, then over Galaxy G10R.
I have tried about a dozen different scenarios utilizing port addressing (PAT tables), most shutting down remote end. Remote end is not a drive to site (middle of Alaska).

PC Anywhere uses default ports 5631 and 5632. Do I need to assign a second IP to accomplish this? Or can I utilize PAT tables.

Customer is screaming. Any suggestions anyone?
Searching the forums, no similar setups can be found. HELP...

Hi vsatkid

This will be possible when.

1. Endpoint Cisco 1720 (where Remote PC is Connected to local LAN) Your Wan Input from ISP Have Static IP also on eg. serial0 You must Have Static Visible from Internet IP.
By Your Site this is not necceserry
2. This Remote PC must have LAN address Static not DHCP
and DefaultGateway Pointed to Local Cisco Eth0 Number.

When This is done
You must Programming Cisco 1720 on remote site Nat
eg.
IP nat inside source static tcp X.X.X.X 5631 Y.Y.Y.Y 5631 extendable
and second line
IP nat inside source static tcp X.X.X.X 5632 Y.Y.Y.Y 5632 extendable

where
X.X.X.X - is Static RemotePC IP eg. 10.0.0.120
Y.Y.Y.Y - is Static Visible from Internet IP from ISP on WAN interface

And Permitted output from static IP (remote PC) outbound
eg
access-list 1 permit X.X.X.X

Thats All.

On Your Local Cisco or local PC (If you have only Internet), is nothig to Configure.

Secondary Scenario
If on Remote Site Your WAN IP is not Real but Static
You must Talk to Your ISP to Port Mapping His Visible IP onto Your WAN IP (this 2 lines)
Configuration on Your Secondary Cisco will be not changed as this above only Y.Y.Y.Y will be this not Real IP nuber

Best Regards
Jerzy

I want to thank you guys for taking the time to reply. I was intially in a panic as this customer was in the process of going VOIP with a major carrier (currently SCPC) but that carrier flubbed during show & Tell. I've currently setup a time w/said customer and will be trying both recommended methods. Again, thanks.
Excellent site once I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back