Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Statements - old payment still showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
Someone brought to my attention a couple of statements the other day that still are showing up.

There are a couple of things that I find odd when comparing the statement with the Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer screen:

1. The payment in question is in History.
2. Drilling into the payment it appears to be fully applied, and the Amount Remaining is 0.
3. The printed Amount on the statement "($1,162.00)" does NOT equal the Document Amount.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Borvik,

A few questions that may help troubleshoot this:

[ul]
[li]Have you tried running a Reconcile on the customer's outstanding transactions to see if that makes any difference?[/li]
[li]Do you have a custom/modified statement report?[/li]
[li]If you drill down on the Amount Remaining for the invoice, does it actually show payments/credits applied? If so, can you drill down on them to confirm they are all valid?[/li]
[/ul]

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2014
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

I ran a reconcile on outstanding documents for the customer in question. The report shows "Total Documents: 0", so it doesn't look like it did anything.

There is a modified "RM Statement On Blank Paper" report, so I would say yes it is a modified report - though what the modifications were, not a clue as that was before my time here.

The payment was not done via the amount received on the invoice, it would have to have been done through Cash Receipts Entry as it was applied to multiple invoices. Though one of the invoices that the payment applies to does show as OPEN (though in table SOP30200), with an amount remaining (according to Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer).

Borvik,

For my last question, what I meant was: on the Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer window, click on the invoice to highlight it, then click on Amount Remaining. Can you post a screenshot of the window that comes up?

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Sure - here it is:
inv_payment.png

Thanks. So it looks like this payment partially paid an invoice for 1,743.00. Does this invoice also show up on the statement? If not, then something is definitely wrong, as the invoice does not show as fully paid yet. If so, then the net of the invoice less the payment should hopefully be correct?

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Yes both this Invoice, and the payment shown are on the statement.

The invoice shows amount: $1,743.00 - with the payment immediately below that with the amount showing: ($1,162.00).

Does this mean that even though a payment is fully applied it can show up on a statement if one of the invoices it was applied to is still open?

This is one of the things I really dislike about the GP out-of-the-box statements. I personally think this should be shown as only one line for the invoice with the difference ($581) remaining (and maybe the original amount, $1743, in a separate column). I admit, I am biased, because we have a custom Crystal Report that we use for statements, where we can precisely control the logic of what the statement shows.

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back