Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Statement Printing - Mas90 - Printing Blank 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksholly

MIS
Oct 19, 2006
US
We've been printing Mas90 A/R Statements for years, and all of a sudden, they jut print blank! Checked the forms code, even created a new forms code, still to no avail. They pretend to print, but they print blank, totally, no header, no lines, nothing.

I tried to check A/R Setup Options to see if there was a proble there, and it came up wih an Error 47 in program ARWSAA line 14020.

Not sure if that error i related to statement printing problem, but thought it was worth noting.

Please help me if you can!!!!!

IF Graphical Statements print blank for certain customers but will print Non Graphically the Crystal Work Files may be corrupted. Because these files do not store data but rather process data, they can be reinitialized.

1. Library Master / Repair / Reinitialize Data Files, click 'Ok' on the warning, select Accounts Receivable for Application and select your company code.
2. From the list of files select ONLY the A/R Crystal Statement Printing Work (AR_20xxx.soa) and A/R Crystal Statement Printing Line (AR_24xxx.soa), click 'Proceed' and 'Ok' to warning. (note: xxx = company code)

There is also an excellent chance that your AR0, A/R Parameters file is damaged. You would need to work with your reseller in creating another one and replace your current one.

Hey BibLouie! I appreciate the response on the blank A/R statements.

I tried to reinitialize AR_20XXX.SOA but to no avail. Honestly, that file was already fully re-init'd before I got to it. The file is only 9k and when I go into file analysis and repair utils to view it, there are zero records. What is supposed to be in AR_20? I'm more of a Unix Mas90 expert, have worked with it for 15 years, but don't have hardly any experience on Mas90 Windows. How do you look at File Layouts in Mas90 for Windows?

I think I have that record corrected now, as I copied the SY0CTL.SOA A/RXYZ control record to AR0XYZ.SOA, but still getting the same error 47 in ARWSAA. Can you tell me what is on that line of code?

I really, really appreciate your help!

Have a blessed day!

Kurt

Kurt, first I would advise you to work with your reseller on this. However if you want to try it on your own here is what to do:

1. In Windows Explorer or DOS, rename the **XXX directory [** represents the application abbreviation (AP, GL, etc.) and XXX represents the three-digit company code].
2. Start MAS 90. If company XXX is not the current company shown in the Status Bar, change it to company XXX by selecting Change Company from the File menu. Select the appropriate module from the Modules menu. You will be prompted with the following message:

"There are no files set up for this company and this application. Do you want to
create them?"
3. Choose the Yes button. This will create a new **XXX directory. The startup process is initiated automatically.
4. You must define the Setup options for the ** application for Company XXX as it was defined during the initial startup process.
5. In the old **XXX directory, use Windows Explorer or DOS, delete the **0XXX.SOA file (**0XXX.SOA represents the damaged file). Copy all the remaining files in the old **XXX directory to the new **XXX directory. You will be prompted with a message similar to the following:

"Would you like to overwrite the existing files with this file?"
6. Choose the Yes button.

The new **XXX directory will now contain a new **0XXX.SOA parameter file and existing data files.

Thanks Louie,I will try this. I appreciate you asking me to go to my reseller, point taken.

Secondly, do you believe that this is the resolution for the A/R Setup error 47 problem, or is this something you think may also help out with the blank statement printing?

It seems as thought CRW is unlinked from Mas90, in regards to statement printing.

Can you confirm?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Kurt

Both.

CRW is a MAS works table that is populate by MAS programming. You cannot use the table outside of MAS.

This problem just doesn't want to be fixed. I agree with the methodology, as I've done this before in the Unix version.

However, when it goes to setup the AR file set for company XYX, it then tries to go into the Config Parameters for that company, and then I get a new error:
Error 47 ARWSAA Line 8045. Corrupted program maybe?

Again....thanks for your help on this. Any further info would be much appreciated!

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back