Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Statement Printing - Crystal Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msimone

MIS
Jan 14, 2003
US
Hello All,

We are testing MAS 90's monthly statement printing function and have run into a snag. It prints individual statements fine, but when we try to preview a batch, we get the following error after a few minutes of 'Processing Crystal Worktables': 'Crystal Print Error: Error in File X:'.

Since the statement printing seems to use Crystal, I tracked down the .rpt file and tried to preview it, but got an error saying:

"A number, currency amount, boolean, date, time, date-time or string was expected."

I thought we must have munged the formula when we customized the form, so I went back to the original version and got the same errors in MAS 90 and Crystal. This is very confusing - is this an error in Crystal that is showing up in MAS 90, or an error in MAS 90 that is affecting the Crystal Report?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated,

Mike Simone

Our VAR was adamant about having a current version of crystal reports to match new MAS90 during a recent upgrade.
Any possibility of MAS90/Crystal Reports versions being out of sync?

-------------------------------------
As the area filled with light increases, the area filled by darkness decreases.

drdebit -

Good question, our MAS 90 is 3.71, but we're using Crystal 8.5, rather than 9. I'll see what happens.

Thanks

Mike Simone

drdebit -

I updated to Crystal Reports 9, but the statement printing still gives the same error. Hmmm, does this mean we are having some kind of under the hood problem with MAS90?

Going off-topic, I like your .sig.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Simone

I'm sorry I cant help more-I've not learned crystal reports yet-I guess I'm going to have to stop being lazy and do so.

There are 4 crystal report forums
One of these two might be a good spot to try further for help forum766 or forum149

and off topic, thanks.

good luck

Thanks drdebit. I've been fumbling through the Crystal syntax rather blindly, so I think I will have to move this to one of the Crystal Forums.

Thanks for all your help,

Mike Simone

I am having a problem with printing reports as well. All was well on Friday, Monday a problem have you resolved it and how?

rsswend -

I found out that if we ran them from a machine that did not have Crystal Reports on it installed at all, it seemed to work. It just seems like MAS90 is very touchy about printing issues in general.

Sorry if this doesn't help much.

Good luck,

Mike Simone

Mike I too have verison 3.71 with crystal 8.5 that came with the disks.
I fixed my printing problem by reinstalling the workstation. I also set the odbc as a mapped drive letter instead of a path. I also verified that I had an up to date odbc driver. I hope this helps. PS thank you for the response steve swendener... rss@naob.com

Steve -

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks again,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back