Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

startup problem,.. takes forever to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozispimp

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2000
US
ok this is the problem that just started happening.. first i thought it was the keyboard, then aspi32 (which i fixed) but the problem is still happening.

there is nothing in the event viewer that shows anything went wrong at all..

the system boots, the "welcome" sound will play, and the icons in the system tray load up.. but right after the sound and the tray load up, the computer stalls for about 10 seconds.. then everything loads up, icons, and then i can finally do something like open a program.. if i try and open it after the sound, while it's in the stall period.. i just get the hour glass until the stall is over with..

what programs do you have set to load up at startup? have a look in both your startup folder and the hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run folder in your registry. it could be a third party app loading (or multiple apps) that are causing this. generally, i don't think it's anything to be worrying about...

Phr3t ------------------------------------------
ps. visit for some of my muzic...
------------------------------------------
dex_fx@hotmail.com
dj_fret@hotmail.com
phr3t@hotmail.com

I also get this, it started since I installed ZoneAlarm firewall application. Its probly cos I'm on a 56k modem and so it cant see the internet so thinks and retries etc....

Dub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back