Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startup messed up my database!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiber0pti

ISP
Nov 22, 2000
US
I accidently checked the wrong boxes in my database for the startup options. I have no tool bars or menus. How do I get these back?

Exit the database, when you go to open it back up, hold the shift key down, you should see the full menu appear when it opens. Sometimes, you have to continue to hold it until you go to tools>startup. I've had it disappear when I let go. If it is set with permisssions (user name, password) type in the password, then hold shift and then open it. Hope this helped.
-Smack

I agree, holding down the shift key with any MS application is the bypass key and should restore your menus. You must remember to restore them through the user's options if you set passwords or everytime you open the database you will have to hold down the shift key.

Holding the Shift key doesn't work in the Access 97 program we have running on Windows XP. Does anyone have an idea about this?

Cool - an ancient thread breathes again! Are you saying that you are starting an .EXE that was written in Access, or Access 97 itself? -------
"What is your favourite colour?" "Blue! No! Yell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back