Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startup Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlamour

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have a database that had a startup form set up using Tools/Startup. Now, when the db starts, the database window appears and the startup form will not appear. I tried resetting the startup form however the setting will not save and the database windows still appears.
How can this happen? There has been no changes done to the security/permissions of this database. Does anyone have any tips? I'd appreciate it.

Have you tried renaming the start up form AutoExec? I don't think you're supposed to have both set, (AutoExec and Start up). But the Start up would win out if it was working for you. Anyway, naming the form AutoExec will bring it up upon opening Access. Make sure security is set so users can't get to DB, because they can without security in place.

Hope that helps a little.

Cindi,

I created the autoexec to show the correct form. However the database window still appears in the bakcground. Is there a way I can disable users from seeing the database window thru code or a macro?

Are you trying to make the DB Window not appear at all behind the Form? Is the Form a switchboard? When the form/switchboard is launched is it maximized? That would obviously hide the DB Window in the background. And you can create a macro that will maximize the form/switchboard upon execution, as well as a macro that will minimize the DB window, so the users will only see the DB Window for a split second when opening. I'm sure their is another way, but I'm at home today, and my books are at the office.

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back