Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting with cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjverweij

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2005
NL
Hello,

I've been learning the 4 semesters of the cisco companion guide the last 2 years, and i have completed the semesters succesfully.
I also have worked with switches 2900 and 2950, routers 2600 series.

What is the best thing to do now.
Is there a standard way to work to the exam, if there is i would really like to know it.

I would review all the material. You need to be very good on Subneting; VLSM and CIDR. The exam is focus on Switch, therefore, VLAN and STP will need to have a in depth understand on it. I fail my first test because the test is focus on Switching. I am testing again tomorrow, hope I have better luck this time.

I also hear people say there exam is forus on OSPF single area and ACL. These four topic should get you started. Good luck!! :)

pjverweij,

Go to and check the listed objectives for the exam that you want to take!

I have always liked the Cisco Press books for EVERYTHING you need to know on being a CCNA and the Sybex book for EVERYTHING you need to know to pass the CCNA exam.

I hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back