Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting to learn ASM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonernick

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hey,

Could someone tell me a good online tutorial to learn x86 Assembly?

Thanks,
ZonerNick

What type? Win32? Dos16? Dos32? Win16? Systems? PM? RM?

He he he.

Anyway if you want to learn how to program assembly in a 32-bit Windows (such as Windows 95) environment try this:
win32asm.rsxp.com
"Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Yes, I wanted to learn Win32 assembly, Dos32, and Systems. Unfortunately, the link you gave didn't work :(

-ZonerNick

win32asm.rxsp.com

Mixed up x and s. Sorry.

That's for win32

Dos32 is more complex, and often implies that you write your own Dos Extender, although you can acquire one by other means. DOS is after all a 16-bit system and you can only get truly 32-bit code on DOS using a DOS extender.
"Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

I want to learn the assembly language of the Dragonball MC68 that resides inside my Palm (preferably MC68VZ328, the CPU of my m505). Is there any GOOD book for the novice? Please, help me.

This forum tends to center on Intel Architecture ASM...
I hope someone here knows something about that. "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back