Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting from the ground up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjwilldohisbest

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
US
Hi All.

I have been searching for tutorials on learning assembly, and they are detailed; actually too detailed, nothing that goes back to the beginning of how to do the basics at first.

I just downloaded Masm32 and that program comes with one really nice editor. The examples that are included are on exes, dlls, objs, rc, res, etc, and many more and mostly go through gui's and calls to them. I didn't see a chapter on what a register, hex, or binary numbers mean. I'm not even actually clear on what a stack and a heap is?

If anyone would know of any links for an absolute beginner that would be great.
Thanks for your time.

RJ

Thanks Wody for the site link. I have downloaded the text tutorial, but haven't had chance to view it yet. This will definitly keep me up for a while :)

Thanks for your time.

RJ

Another very good, very basic assembly book is Jeff Duntemann's "Assembly Language Step-by-Step", published by Wiley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back