Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting Domino Server Service with NON-System account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1976

MIS
Mar 27, 2002
US
Currently I have the Lotus Domino Server service starting with the System Account and (here's the kicker) with 'Allow service to ineract with Desktop' enabled. I'm trying to build an agent that will rename a file located on a different server and then attach it to an E-mail and send it. The problem is, the Local System account doesn't have any rights to access the files on the other server. I can change the service to start with a different user, but then i lose the console display (interacting with the desktop is no longer an option). The Console display is required to stay up and running.
How can I have my cake and eat it, too? I need to start domino with a user other than syatem account and i need it to interact with the desktop!

Thanks,
Dan

>>The Console display is required to stay up and running.

what I mean is It is a requirement for me to leave this up and running, not that domino won't work without it.

Thanks
Dan

Map a drive to a resource on the other server where the file resides. Presumably your Domino server is physically secure so you should be able to put the NET command in the startup specifying the user name and password required for accessing the resource. Why don't you ask the Notes Wizards at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back