Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting adapter error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdelnasser

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
CA
Hi Everybody,

I do have Tivoli 3.6.3 on SunSolaris 5.1. Once I execute start_adapter it complies the tecad_logfile without any error, but it gives me an error says "error: cannot get endpoint name" and stop. Dose anyone can help?

Thanks;

What is the endpoint name? Special characters in the hostname give Tivoli fits.

Hi rblue;

I am still need the steps to cover this error!

Thanks;
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Since you did not address my question, I will assume there are no special characters in your endpoint label. Also, what is your endpoint version?

1. do a 'wep epname' and 'wep epname status' command to make sure that the endpoint is present in the TMR and it is logged into the correct gateway. Or you can open a web browser and type in or
Those will give you the endpoint status page.

2. Look in /tmp for the tecadEH.log file. The answer may be in that file.

3. Look for the tecad_logfile.err file and check it.

4. Start the adapter with the -d flag to start in debug mode.

4. edit the last.cfg file. Set the log_threshold to 3, then reexec the endpoint. Verify that the endpoint logs in successfully. This will endpoint tracing to lcfd.log.

Hi rblue

Thank you very much for your reply;
once i try wep epname or wep epname status it gives me an error as follows:
"An instance name "EndpointManager" of resource "distinguised" was not found"

do you have any thought?
help....

Thanks;
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

Hi ,

Sorry I not mentioned the error code which is
"CIT-0003"

Thanks
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

"An instance name "EndpointManager" of resource "distinguised" was not found"

This would indicate that you are looking for a "distinguished" witht the name of "EndpointManager".

Interesting.

do a "wepmgr ping" to see if the endpoint manager is running.

If not, try to restart it ("wepmgr start")

I could not find any reference on the Tivoli support site for the error code you mention.

Hi rblue;

Great thanks for your reply.
I still have an error as follows:

with "wepmgr ping" or "wepmgr start" or event "wepmgr stop"
it gives
TNR_error:0003
'An instance name "EndpointManager" of resource "distinguished" was not found.'

help.............

Thanks
Abdelnasser H. Ouda

This is very odd.

What is your endpoint version on this host?

Also, try to restart the Oserv (odadmin reexec)

Also, make sure that you are using the commands I gave you without the quote marks.

There are two questions you still have not answered:

1. What endpoint version are you using?
2. What is the hostname and endpoint label (if different) of the endpoint in question?

Hi rblue;

In fact, I can't answer these questions. Any command as

w*ep* leads for the same error

TNR_error:0003
'An instance name "EndpointManager" of resource "distinguished" was not found.'

What do I have to do?

Thanks;

you can find out the hostname for the box by going to it and opening a browser window and typing in (or 9496). The LCF daemon page should display. The page will contain both the endpoint label and the endpoint version.

Have you patched, upgraded or possibly renamed your TMR server? There are two issues similar to yours in the Tivoli support database that involve the same error message.

Problem
" TNR_errors:0003
An instance named "EnterpriseClient" of resource "Presentation" was not found.
+ [ 1 -ne 0 ]
+ set -e
1"
This message occurs when "wlookup -r Presentation EnterpriseClient" is issued, and Tivoli Enterprise Console (TEC) and ACF will not install after upgrading Framework.

Solution
Always reexec all oservs after applying Framework Patch.

SOLUTION # 76010

Problem
"Error::TNR_errors:0003 An instance named "oldserver" of resource "ManagedNode" was not found." error occurs and rules will not compile after the server is renamed.

Solution
CAUSE: "Error::TNR_errors:0003 An instance named "oldserver" of resource "ManagedNode" was not found." error occurs because the old server name exists in the rulebase path in the properties for the rulebase.

SOLUTION: Link the "old server name" "new server name" directories together so the contents of both are the same.

SOLUTION # 96084

Hi rblue;

or 9496 (also replacing localhost by its name) always gives an error as follows:

"Netscape's network connection was refused by the server ... The server may not be accepting connections or may be busy.
Try connecting again later"

Also I tried several things around this problem, but I am again gived up.
Please Help!

Thanks;

My only advice at this point would be to uninstall and do a clean reinstall on the endpoint. It may have gotten corrupted somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back