Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting a Web Development Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander10

Programmer
Dec 8, 1999
US
Visit site
What hardware/software would you recommend?<br>
<br>
Please detail.<br>
<br>
Thank you<br>
<br>
t_a_dawson@hotmail.com<br>

I would recommend the CoffeeCup software available at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> it's some of the best software I've used for the purposes & it's shareware so you can try it out for a while before you have to make a monitary commitment.<br>
<br>
Netscape Communicator's Composer program is pretty good for straight HTML pages; just don't use anything that says Microsoft on it.....you'll just be asking for trouble if you do.<br>
<br>
Another <i>good</i> idea would be to set up your own Linux or FreeBSD server to host the pages on & get it collocated to an office near you; most successful web designers are going to have to be able to offer the web space tot; otherwise you'll run into some <i><b>STIFF</i></b> competition. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back