Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting a new page with RPG/400 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodomen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2001
US
This may seem elementary to everyone, but I really need the help!

I'm trying to get my totals for a database to print on a separate page. I have no idea what to do to make this happen!

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

+Melanie-

How are you printing out your report? With a printer file or with output specs? Mike Wills
AS400 Programmer

Trying to print out a hard copy from the spool (Option 10). So, when I print it out, the database in general is in the first few pages, and then, regardless of the length of the last page of data before the totals, the totals print out on a new page. I'm thinking there should just be some simple code to do it, but it's totally baffled me, and the book I have is hardly helpful...

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

+Melanie-

For 'O' specs place a number in the skip before column. In a printer file use 'SKIPB(1)'.

Sorry, I didn't give you that before...I didn't remember them either. ;-) Mike Wills
AS400 Programmer

Thanks for your help! So, just to be sure, I would use skip before, not skip after? That's what I read (in my lovely book), too, and it confused me, but then I guess I don't fully understand the logic behind it. Don't mean to sound clueless, but, um, I am!

Thanks.

+Melanie-

I have always used Skip before. You could try skip after and see what happens. ;-)

Normally what I do, for what you want, is to print the header then the final total(s). That way a new page is automatically done when you print the header (assuming you do a skip before on the the header). Mike Wills
AS400 Programmer

Thanks so much for the assistance! I will try it tonight!

+Melanie-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back