Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting a CCNA Lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LatnTek

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I'm taking my CCNA Test in about a month. I'm starting a CCNA Home Lab and I've acquired the following equipment. I have an older Cisco Pro Model 2514 and 2 2524 routers. I'm in the process of purchasing a switch. Are the routers okay for a CCNA lab? And which series switch should I be focusing on purchasing. Any information and help is highly appreciated, thanks.

Nice link!
Issue the router e0 an IP that is in the same rage as your network then plug it into your hub/switch. If it's a token ring configure a second router as TFTP server then upgrade.

Jamin - thanks - hey - didn't mean to hijack this thread - but maybe we'll all learn something.

Well - maybe my question is a hardware question. I can't use the AUX or console ports to hook it up to my home network. On the router at work it has a device that plugs into the AUI - from there, an ethernet cable goes into the switch, and makes it's connection to the rest of the network. I would think I need that compnonent or something like that right?

Thanks in advance.

Hey rythmstr actually that link did help, thanks. As far as hijacking this thread it's okay we're all here to help each other and learn.

You need a tranciever they are about a $1.00 on ebay.

jamin - thanks for the info..... I will check this out!

/R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back