Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Mini power 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeling

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
GB
Can anyone tell me the specs and/or pinouts for the power supply on the StarTalk Mini. I've managed to lose the original PSU and need to quickly rig something up. I see 24VAC is mentioned on the front of the voicemail unit and inside it appears as though only pins 1 & 5 are used.
Any help much appreciated!

Mike

Do you have a power supply for an ATA?
I think they are the same.

Not the same as ATA.

The following is the pin-out for a MINI:

1 +15V
2 no connection
3 GND
4 +5V
5 GND

MarvO said it

Marv0. Are you certain this pinout is for the Mini? My only concern is the 24V~ marking on the front.

Thanks

Mike

Yes, I am running one on a CICS 4.1 in my home. I looked at my transformer, and it states 5V and 15V.

Also verified in StarTalk Mini Installation Guide, page 27, figure 6.

It seems like the old MINI works with everything that I have ever tried it on, except for doing a F985, It can't tell you which port it is connected to.

Are you sure you have a Mini, and not a FLASH?

MarvO said it

I also just looked at a FLASH. It uses 24V and needs to be at least 600ma.
If you have a FLASH, the pin-out is as follows:

1 24VAC

2 safety ground

3 24VAC

4 no connection

5 no connection

Reference: StarTalk Flash Maintenance Manual, page 5-3, Figure 5.1

MarvO said it

The unit is definitely a Mini. It has tiny white Nortel label upon which is printed Startalk Mini. Also it contains a hard drive.

I stuck a meter onto the power connector to measure the resistance. This indicated that nothing was connected to pin 4. So I tried an ATA PSU, 24V AC 600ma and it fires up and all works correctly.

This unit is BT badged, so maybe this is not the same as the US version. I will make a note tomorrow of the exact Nortel part number for your information and future reference.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Mike,
I learn something everyday. I have never seen a BT unit, so thanks for the update. Guess we should start asking what part of the world the unit is in. Glad you got it going, and sorry if I caused a delay for you.

MarvO said it

Brian, you forgot to tell me. he,he. :)

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back