Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk mailbox access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnndn

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
I installed a system that had been setting for several months unplugged. The Compact ICS came up fine, the startalk VM started, but took about 20 minutes for the system to see.
I can do feature 9*x and see all codes, but cannot do F983 and get into admin. I reset password to 0000 but it will not allow me in.
From an extension, you can call another extension and get VM message but cannot log in (system moved from one location to another - all new users) and no passwords are know.
Is the system dead (They need to buy another startalk) or is there a code to re-initialize the VM to start over?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the fast response. I'll head back out and give it a try. It's a sure way to see if the system is functioning.

Thanks again

Tried the code 903 to re-initialize the VM but I get "Inactive Feature".

When I do f985, input the reset code, it does take the code, prompts to reset, etc. But still cannot gain admin access with 120000 (2 digit dial on system).

It's a Startalk Flash Release 02D or 020? sftware version 1.50. I don't know if it's such old sftwr that it's not worth spending time on or upgraded or replace the hardware?

Any input/thoughts are appreciated.

Does F983 ask for Log or Pswd

Password is hte Norstar default password

Thanks for all the help - I'll let them know they need to upgrade or find another DR5 sitting on the shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back