Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Flash not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc321

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
CA
Hi there..

Installed a Startalk flash with 1.9 version software with an existing MICS system, (which has a NAM before but that is now gone) The problem I am getting is that the flash seems to boot up fine but there is no connection between the two systems, none of the FEATURE 9### codes work, I cannot find the flash at all.

What could be the possible problems and ways to correct them? Also I've never connected a PC to a flash before, can someone let me know what would be required for such a setup, software/hardware wiring? Would that be a good way to find out if the flash works etc.?

Thanks!

Dc.

What ports did u connect too.R they good ports? Did u try a phone on the ports? Did you do a f983
Look at tip 4a in faq tab above for hhoking up laptop.

Go to Maintenance and check the port status to see if the system recognizes the V.Mail. Do you get "inactive feature" when you try to log on?
Gabriel

Gabriel,

Yes thats exactly whats happening... inactive feature... I will check the maintenace menu when im back onsite... any ideas on what that could be?

Try Feature 903 to activate your feature codes as Exmogger stated, and see how far you get. Also was the Nam connected via a fiber or copper expansion card, and was it removed? Maintenance will show you if the system recognizes the voice mail or not. That's a start, let's see if that helps.
Gabriel

dc,
Conduct an XFtest and clear any codes pre-existing from the NAM. F**938378 266344 FIRST TEST (if inactive, clear).

Cheers
PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back