Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk Flash hangs on boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcast2009

Technical User
Jan 4, 2009
CA
Our startalk flash was packed away for about 10 months. I've now connected to it to view the bootup sequence.

Here is the whole sequence for further details:

StarTalk Flash Diagnostics Started. Please wait.
NVRam Test: Passed
B84 Test: Passed
Program ROM: Passed
Voice Prompt ROM: Passed
Serial Port Start: Passed
DSP Test: Passed
RAM Disk Test: Passed
RAM Disk Start: Passed
ROM Disk Start: Passed
O/S Start: Passed
VFS Test: Passed
VFS Start: Passed
Timer Test: Passed
Version Code: 06JK110,American English/Spanish
Starting StarTalk Flash Access/2

....then nothing else (for 20 min +). I've read that "Starting the Flash Application" should appear next, and then the password prompt, but I don't get either of these lines.

If I take out the cable from port 2, then of course I get the error:
!! Unable to start flashtalk,Please check port and TCM connections
but with the cable connected I'm not getting any errors.

I cannot connect through the phones yet since the application isn't running, I get the error message "inactive feature" for any of the three digit feature codes.

Also, I tried discharging all the caps on the board, but after some initial startup errors showing up, they've resolved themselves and I'm back to the same problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have you tried going into Maimtnance checking the Dn/Port to see if the system see the Strtlk?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I went in and it does indeed see the startalk as a device on the DN/Port. Even the version code came up correctly! This must mean it's seeing the device, doesn't it?

Just an idea...If it's having trouble reading the flash application, then can I pull the card and download new software via my laptop and is there a website I can get them from?

Thanks again.

Try calling the Dn the startalk is on, some times this has worked for me.I don't know why,maybe "wake"it up?

Hi there,

Tried calling the DN - comes up Busy.

In Maintenance I can assign different DN to the port, then check the new DN and sees the startalk assigned. If I call the new DN, it comes up busy too.

Thanks for the ideas... I'm certainly trying everything I can think of!

The only other thing I have done ,go into maintnence ,busy out the port in maintnance, back out of maintnance, wait a few minuets ,go back into manintnance, un-busy port.I guess you have already power cycled the Startalk? If you have it may take it several minuets to come up.
If you are getting a busy the voice mail is trying to come up, try calling it a few times over several minuit and if you get a ring back you are in.
Is this a Flash 2 or Flash 4?

What are the software versions on the Flash and the Norstar system to which it's connected? From the diagnostics it looks like your Flash is V1.1, which is really old. You might have a compatibility issue.

Brian Cox

Hi The flash card says REL: 03.

The system was working all together about 10 months ago. It then sat around (unplugged) for the 10 months and this is the first time I am turning it on. Prior to being disconnected the system was working well; even has a couple of power outages with no effect. It was not dropped or mishandled at all. The only change is the port that I an wiring into.

I have been banging my head against the wall on this one...

What KSU is being used? Which port or ports on the Flash are connected to which port or ports on the KSU ? Are the KSU port(s) at default config or is there something particular in their prior programming (like a hotline, or maybe something like a former 7100 set with no intercom buttons, etc.)? Just for drill, have you confirmed voltage quality from the power supply to the Flash ?

Hi MissedIt

I've got a Nortel PLUS Compact ICS - 30BUG06 NAT.
The Startalk Flash is a NT5B06AT-93 REL 01A, but the Feature card reads NT5B78DC REL3. The KSU is at default setting - although I changed the DNs to 3 digit.

I've currently got the Flash port 2 connected to P101 in my 3rd attempt to see something different in the issue.

Would a compatibility issue have shown up before when we were running great, or could it just start now?

Thanks

Was the KSU set up two diget DN when it was up and running? If it was try setting it back to two dig and connect the VM to sta 36, port 116.

What does F983 say? if active...Password or Login?
Is the software card all the way in?

Caps maybe pootched or software corrupt.

I've only had this problem when I've inadvertently downgraded software. We ordered 2.0 sw to upgrade from 1.9. The card they sent was 2.0 Lite. Wasn't labeled that way.

When I put their 1.9 back in to try and get their AA back, the vm just wouldn't come back up.

If there's no chance your sw card may have been swapped, then it does sound like corrupt software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back