Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Flash AA does not recognise DTMF with some callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lectropop

Technical User
Jul 30, 2012
US
My company is using the NorStar NT5B01 (6x16) KSU and StarTalk Flash NTAB2455(V1.9.53) voice-mail and auto-attendant. A couple of our clients have reported that they are repeatedly unable to navigate the AA as it fails to recognize their touch-tone inputs (no response at all) when prompted to enter an extension. Both clients are calling from their own PBX systems. One is a Phillips ?? while the other is a NEC-UX5000. I have used several land-lines and cell phones to try and recreate the issue, to no avail.

I have checked the StarTalk tone settings (F983-8) and it is set to the minimum of 40mS. Someone on another thread suggested checking the "tone gate", but our StarTalk does not appear to have this option (or at least I cannot find it).

Any input appreciated!
-Ben

also see if those clients are using VoIP trunks for their lines. The reason I say this is because I have had customers using SIP trunks that for what ever reason had troubles calling into one of our Call Pilots. I just think some of the carries may have to make some changes in the DTMF settings of the ViOP circuit. Just my 2 cents...

hawks is right to question sip trunks on other systems. inexpensive but in their infancy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back