Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Flash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburdan1182002

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
CN
I am working with a remote customer of ours; they have a MICS 6.1 with StarTalk Flash 4. The StarTalk has been installed for at least a year and the problems have recently started

The existing problems with their auto attendant are as such:

1. Occasionally the main switchboard phone won't ring at all when the caller presses “0” and the call will go directly into the general delivery voice mailbox. Therefore, the receptionist will not hear the phone ring but notice that there are a large number of messages waiting in the general delivery voice mailbox. Or,

2. Sometimes the voice mail system won't pick up the call at all (could be all ports are busy). Outside callers have reported that when they call the main number, it just rings and rings or they get a busy ring.

I am guessing that it is either a bad CO line going into the MICS because the problem doesn’t happen on every call or one of the voicemail DN’s gets “locked” or the customer needs a larger voicemail system because of the volume of inbound callers has increased.

Any ideas on how to test the DN’s / CO line keeping in mind the customer will have to do these tests as we don’t have a tech in the area.

Mark Burdan
Federal Government

I know I wouldn't put this kind of troubleshooting in the hands of one of my customers. Get in the car and go for a drive or hire a sub in the area. If your customer is too far away for you to properly service... rethink having remote customers. Good PR... good for business.

M

Where is this customer? I work out of Kansas City and will go just about anywhere.

Have butset...Will travel

We thought about working with the customer friday afternoon but i think we will take powerflower's advice. we are going to send one of the boys to the customer site.

Thanks John for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back