Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Flash 2 Corrupt Program Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

erockian

Technical User
Dec 31, 2005
US
I have a StarTalk Flash 2 that gives a O1E Corrupt Program Rom and then a Halt message when I hook a PC up to the RS-232 port, how can this be fixed?

Alittle more info on the unit: the Flash's part NT5B06DM-93 Manufacture Date: 09-10-96 - The original verison of the Software card was 1.44 (which is too old to work with my CICS 7.0) which gives the Corrupt rom error. I have tried 2 other cards, a NT5B78XN 3.1.02 (which I think wont work with my flash since it was manufactured before 10-96) and a 2.0.10 Startalk Flash card - both just hang when I have them in and a PC hooked up. No text at all appears on the screen.

NT5B78XN

was it recognized by ksu and if it was at flash at 1.44 it needs to be upgraded before it will work

skiing is not a sport ..its a way of life
let it snow boys let it snow
..yes its me

"There are those who would make you believe there are no choices left.That they have the last word and its final.To those who try the world is wide open choices many.To those who dont only death awaits you.

I have never had it recognized by the ksu, I have had software compatibility issues, at first I was a 4.0 CICS (that needed a 1.7 StarTalk verison) and then I upgraded to 7.0 and tried to put the 3.1.02 verison software card in, and then the 2.0.10. I then learned about the ability to hook up to a PC. So im not sure if the 1.44 has ever worked. Is there something more to the upgrade process besides just putting in the card? One theory I had after looking at a older compatibility matrix today was that maybe my StarTalk Flash cant go beyond 1.9 since it appears to be one of the non-Y2K compliant. Any thoughts on this?

there was no rel 3.1.02

"There are those who would make you believe there are no choices left.That they have the last word and its final.To those who try the world is wide open choices many.To those who dont only death awaits you.

Actually I'm not sure of the verison, It has the part number NT5B78XN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back